Many individuals prefer chopping axe as the first choice tool to consider when they want to chop wood. Studies have shown that there are several other tools that can work better than a chopping axe for cutting woods and principal among them is the splitting maul. Studies have also shown that the splitting maul is far more reliable than a chopping axe when it comes to wood cutting. There are different types of splitting mauls out there today and you can get to know about the various types by visiting https://cozyhousetoday.com/best-splitting-maul-reviews/. Whichever type of splitting maul you go for, you will always get good value for money.
Why splitting maul is better
Several features set the splitting maul apart from other tools used for cutting woods. For one, the heads of the splitting mauls are broader than those of the regular axes. It, therefore, has more weight than the regular axe, which means it can be trusted to cut the wood faster. The regular axe can cause a lot of waste when you are cutting woods, but the splitting maul will not waste much of the wood, which is another feature that makes it a lot better than the regular axe. You can visit https://cozyhousetoday.com/best-splitting-maul-reviews/ to learn about different types of splitting mauls.
Those who want to cut a large chunk of wood should consider no other tool for this purpose than a splitting maul. The broad head will hit the wood with a considerable force, which will cause the wood to split faster. As a result, you will not have to spend a lot of time on swinging the maul to cut woods. There are different types of splitting mauls out there and we will show you some o f the best below.
The splitting mauls available
- Gransfors Bruks: It has a handle length of 31.5 inches and weighs 7 pounds. Its head and blade design are made with grounds and forged steel, while its handle is made of wood and features textured grip
- Husqvarna S2800: It has a handle length of 27 inches and it weighs 6.55 pounds. Its head and blade are made with forged, steal hammer treated with heat. The handle is made with molded fiberglass and has anti-vibration feature.
- Fiskars 751110-1001: It has a length of 36 inches, while its weight is up to 10.35 pounds. The blade and head are made of superior blade geometry and the steel is treated with heat.
- Fiskars X11 378561-1002: It has a handle length of 17 inches and it weighs 4 pounds. Its head and blade are made with permahead forged steel
- Mueller Axe Biber Classic: It has a handle length of 35 inches. Its weight is also up to 8.5 pounds. Its head and blade are made of forged steel too.